CHCPRT001: Identify and respond to children and young people at risk of harm
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to support and protect children and young people who are at risk of harm. This work occurs within legislative and policy frameworks and carries a duty of care responsibility.
This unit applies to workers in a range of job roles providing services to children and young people including in community services and health contexts.
This unit forms part of the Certificate 3 in Early Childhood Education and Care, and the Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care and would assist Approved providers maintain compliance with regulation 84 of the National Regulations:
The approved provider of an education and care service must ensure that the nominated supervisor and staff members at the service who work with children are advised of:
a) the existence and application of the current child protection law; and
b) any obligations that they may have under that law
Receive a Statement of Attainment after successfully completing the course.
- Implementing work practices which support the protection of children and young people.
- Identifying and reporting indications of possible risk of harm.
- Ethical and nurturing practices in work with children and young people.
- Legislation and Mandatory reporting requirements.
- Role of the Educator.
- State and National Statistical Overview.
- Responding to Disclosure.
- Documentation requirements.
- MRG, Decision Trees and making a report.
- Interagency Collaboration and Advocacy.
Your choice of delivery:
Fees are effective as of 1st August 2018
- Accredited CHCPRT001 from the comfort of your own home and watched at a time convenient to you. CHCPRT001 Identify & Respond to Children and Young People at Risk is a Nationally Recognised Accredited Certification. *Completion of assessment required for Accredited Certification of CHCPRT001. $105.00 p/person
- Pre-Recorded Webinar -Non Accredited Child Protection Refresher. $68.00 +GST p/person
- Accredited CHCPRT001 Identify & Respond to Children and Young People at Risk Nationally Recognised Accredited Certification. *Completion of assessment required for Accredited Certification of CHCPRT001 $110.00 p/person
- Non Accredited Child Protection Refresher $73.00 +GST p/person
- Accredited CHCPRT001 Identify & Respond to Children and Young People at Risk Nationally Recognised Accredited Certification. From $115.00 p/person *
- Non- Accredited Onsite Child Protection Refresher from $78 p/person +GST *
*Additional travel charges may apply depending upon location
Lunch time PD – we can tailor condensed versions to suit your lunchtime PD needs at a time for your convenience throughout the day when all of your staff are onsite. Contact us to discuss your lunchtime PD needs.
Webinar evening dates and times available upon consultation:
Dates subject to advanced bookings and a minimum of 5 people
For more information or to book, please contact us.